Hawthorne Elementary School is "A Place of Great Beginnings." We are a learning community focused on sustaining and extending the natural curiosity and enthusiasm of our K-2 students. Hawthorne staff and families work together to nurture the attitudes, skills, and knowledge that lead to a strong mastery of basic skills and to the development of social responsibility.
We recognize and celebrate the needs of our students through our commitment to:
- Appreciate each child as an individual.
- Provide a safe, joyful learning environment in which children can work productively, creatively, and harmoniously.
- Develop thinking and problem solving through engagement in meaningful learning experiences.
- Nurture the development of social and emotional skills.
- Expand each student’s independence and autonomy through a balance of encouragement, support, and challenge.