Hawthorne’s staff pledges to develop ‘the whole child’ by providing our children with the tools they need to come to know the natural world, themselves, and one another, so that they can authentically take their place in creating a better future for everyone. We support the development of a child who is knowledgeable, motivated, and engaged.
Learning at HES
Hawthorne Elementary School is "A Place of Great Beginnings." We are a learning community focused on sustaining and extending the natural curiosity and enthusiasm of our K-2 students. Hawthorne staff and families work together to nurture the attitudes, skills, and knowledge that lead to a strong mastery of basic skills and to the development of social responsibility.
We recognize and celebrate the needs of our students through our commitment to:
- Appreciate each child as an individual.
- Provide a safe, joyful learning environment in which children can work productively, creatively, and harmoniously.
- Develop thinking and problem solving through engagement in meaningful learning experiences.
- Nurture the development of social and emotional skills.
- Expand each student’s independence and autonomy through a balance of encouragement, support, and challenge.